Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, 3e
Mega Sale! Save 23% on the Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, 3e by imusti at Birzula. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A concise guide to the care of small mammals, Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery covers the conditions seen most often in
A concise guide to the care of small mammals, Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery covers the conditions seen most often in veterinary practice. The book emphasizes preventive medicine along with topics including disease management, ophthalmology, dentistry, and zoonosis. More than 400 illustrations demonstrate key concepts related to radiographic interpretation, relevant anatomy, and diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques. Now in full color, this edition adds coverage of more surgical procedures and expands coverage of zoonotic disease. From editors Katherine Quesenberry and James W. Carpenter, along with a team of expert contributors, the "Pink Book" provides an authoritative, single source of information that is hard to find elsewhere.
- A logical organization makes it quick and easy to find important information, with each section devoted to a single animal and chapters within each section organized by body system.
- Over 400 photographs and illustrations highlight key concepts such as radiographic interpretation and the main points of diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques.
- A chapter on ophthalmology provides hard-to-find information on eye care for ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals.
- Coverage of preventive medicine includes basic biology, husbandry, and routine care of the healthy animal.
- The drug formulary supplies dosage instructions for ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats/mice, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders.
- Chapter outlines offer at-a-glance overviews of the contents of each chapter.
- Handy tables and charts make it easy to find key information.
- Expanded Zoonotic Diseases chapter adds more depth along with the latest information on the rising potential for disease transmission to humans as exotic pets become more popular.
- Additional surgical procedures for each species are included, some with step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photographs and line drawings.
- Full-color images show the sometimes minute structures of these small animals and make accurate diagnoses easier, especially for lymphoproliferative diseases of rabbits, endoscopy, cytology, and hematology.
|Item Weight:||3 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|