HSPA Evolution: The Fundamentals for Mobile Broadband
Mega Sale! Save 24% on the HSPA Evolution: The Fundamentals for Mobile Broadband by Academic Press at Birzula. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This book is essential reading for those wishing to obtain a systems perspective and a broad view on the background, performance and application of
This book is essential reading for those wishing to obtain a systems perspective and a broad view on the background, performance and application of the latest developments in HSPA in the context of the demands on today’s mobile broadband devices and networks. It takes the reader behind the scenes of 3GPP and provides an easily accessible understanding of the basic principles, the latest steps in the standard’s evolution, and the motivations behind the development of standardized features. It covers important topics such as smartphone related features, multi-carrier and multi-antenna operation, interface architecture, heterogeneous networks and HSPA system performance. Offering full coverage of recent developments in HSPA up to Release 13, this book will provide a comprehensive description of one of the dominating standards for mobile broadband.
With this book, you will:
- Get a guided and consistent tour through the evolutionary stages of HSPA
- Gain an understanding of the 3GPP standardization process, the driving forces behind it, and the need for evolution
- Learn about the fundamental technology components of a modern wireless communication system, such as basic link level architecture, cellular system behavior, traffic management and scheduling and system management
- Learn in detail the features of the latest HSPA development up to Release 13
- Gain a deep insight into the means by which HSPA performance can be simulated and characterized, the factors that drive the performance of networks and user experience, and the performance expectations for the technology
- Obtain insight into the telecommunications market and its evolution
- Learn about current trends and the future direction of HSPA
- A full insight into the 3GPP and regulatory standardisation processes and the factors that drive evolution of the specification
- A walk through of the fundamental technology principles that lie behind HSPA
- A structured overview of the WCDMA/HSPA feature set, offering insider coverage starting from the core release 5/6 technologies and reviewing each of the added features up to and including the most recent developments in the area
- An overview of the frequency bands available for HSPA
- An insight into the radio performance requirements, their background and implications for mobiles and networks
- A tutorial on simulation principles for HSPA
- A description of the performance of HSPA features within the context of a tutorial on the factors that drive performance
|Item Weight:||2.9 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 9.5 x 9.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Academic Press, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio
ean: 9780872595965, isbn: 087259596X,
The fifth edition features new and updated material. Highlights include......a thoroughly revised discussion of receiving antennas. You ll discover how to greatly enhance their operational bandwidth. In addition, low-signal transformers for Beverages...
By Cambridge University Press
ean: 9781107196964, isbn: 1107196965,
Written by a leading expert in the field, this unique book describes the technical requirements for three-tier shared spectrum as well as key policy rationale and the impact for 5G. Detail is provided on the inception of the concept and its implement...
By Abdollah Ghasemi
ean: 9781461410768, isbn: 1461410762,
Propagation Engineering in Wireless Communications covers the basic principles needed for understanding of radiowaves propagation for common frequency bands used in radio-communications. This book includes descriptions of new achievements and new d...
By Sauter Martin
ean: 9781118861950, isbn: 1118861957,
This revised edition of Communication Systems from GSM to LTE: An Introduction to Mobile Networks and Mobile Broadband Second Edition (Wiley 2010) contains not only a technical description of the different wireless systems available today, but also e...
By Artech House
ean: 9781608079513, isbn: 1608079511,
This updated second edition of the Artech House book Wireless Positioning Technologies and Applications presents comprehensive coverage of wireless positioning principles and technologies for engineers involved in using or developing wireless locatio...
By Daniel M Dobkin
ean: 9780123945839, isbn: 0123945836,
This book explains how UHF tags and readers communicate wirelessly. It gives an understanding of what limits the read range of a tag, how to increase it (and why that might result in breaking the law), and the practical things that need to be address...
By Brand: Routledge
ean: 9780415508803, isbn: 0415508800,
Diasporas and Diplomacy analyzes the exercise of British ‘soft power’ through the BBC’s foreign language services, and the diplomatic role played by their diasporic broadcasters. The book offers the first historical and comparative analysis of ...
By Academic Press
ean: 9780124159075, isbn: 0124159079,
Combining solid theoretical discussions with practical design examples, this book is an essential reference on developing RF and microwave switchmode power amplifiers. With this book you will be able to: Design high-efficiency RF and microwave powe...
ean: 9781119944881, isbn: 1119944880,
This practical handbook and reference provides a complete understanding of the telecommunications field supported by descriptions and case examples throughout Taking a practical approach, The Telecommunications Handbook examines the principles and de...
By Brand: Artech Print on Demand
mpn: 273figs., ean: 9780890067284, isbn: 0890067287,
Presents SAR concepts and signal processing techniques unique to spotlight mode and the polar format algorithm. Provides detailed insight into spotlight mode, its applications, and its processing algorithms. DLC: Synthetic aperture radar....