Llama and Alpaca Care: Medicine, Surgery, Reproduction, Nutrition, and Herd Health, 1e
Mega Sale! Save 25% on the Llama and Alpaca Care: Medicine, Surgery, Reproduction, Nutrition, and Herd Health, 1e by Saunders at Birzula. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Designed for the mixed practice large animal veterinarian, veterinary students, and camelid caretakers alike, Llama and Alpaca Care covers all major
Designed for the mixed practice large animal veterinarian, veterinary students, and camelid caretakers alike, Llama and Alpaca Care covers all major body systems, herd health, physical examination, nutrition, reproduction, surgery, anesthesia, and multisystem diseases of llamas and alpacas. Written by world-renowned camelid specialists and experts in the field, this comprehensive and uniquely global text offers quick access to the most current knowledge in this area. With coverage ranging from basic maintenance such as restraint and handling to more complex topics including anesthesia and surgery, this text provides the full range of knowledge required for the management of llamas and alpacas.
"..an essential text for anyone working with South American camelids." Reviewed by Claire E. Whitehead on behalf of Veterinary Record, July 2015
- Over 500 full-color images provide detailed, highly illustrated coverage of all major body systems, physical examination, nutrition, anesthesia, fluid therapy, multisystem diseases, and surgical disorders.
- World-renowned camelid experts and specialists in the field each bring a specific area of expertise for a uniquely global text.
- Comprehensive herd health content includes handling techniques, vaccinations, biosecurity, and protecting the herd from predators.
- Coverage of anesthesia and analgesia includes the latest information on pharmacokinetics of anesthetic drugs, chemical restraint, injectable and inhalation anesthesia, neuroanesthesia, and pain management.
- Reproduction section contains information on breeding management, lactation, infertility, and embryo transfer.
- Nutrition information offers detailed nutritional requirements and discusses feeding management systems and feeding behavior.
|Item Weight:||4.7 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.6 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches|