Manual of Equine Reproduction, 3e
Mega Sale! Save 24% on the Manual of Equine Reproduction, 3e by Mosby at Birzula. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Now in full color, Manual of Equine Reproduction, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive look at the reproductive management of horses, including
Now in full color, Manual of Equine Reproduction, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive look at the reproductive management of horses, including management of stallions, pregnant mares, and neonatal foals. Expert authors use a concise, practical approach in discussing improved therapies and treatments in equine breeding. You’ll enhance your skills and knowledge with this book’s detailed coverage of techniques used in reproductive examination, breeding procedures, pregnancy diagnosis, foaling, and reproductive tract surgery.
- A clinical emphasis includes a step-by-step format of possible scenarios from conception to breeding management.
- Practical information includes topics such as breeding with transported cooled or frozen semen, and caring for the broodmare and newborn foal.
- The organization of material corresponds to the course of study in veterinary school, so you can find topics easily.
- Chapter objectives and study questions at the beginning of each chapter guide you through the material and provide clear learning goals.
- Evaluation of Breeding Records chapter covers the importance of breeding records, and how to use them to evaluate stallion performance and optimize fertility.
- References are listed at the end of each chapter for further research and study.
- Full-color photographs and illustrations clearly depict procedures, and all drawings have been redrawn and improved.
- NEW Assisted Reproductive Technology chapter goes beyond embryo transfer.
- Updated content includes the latest advances in therapies and treatments.
- New content is added to two chapters, Reproductive Physiology of the Nonpregnant Mare and Manipulation of Estrus in the Mare.
- Thorough coverage of every aspect of equine reproduction provides a strong foundation for success in veterinary practice, including a discussion of the use of GnRH-analog deslorelin (Ovuplant) to hasten ovulation; aseptic technique for endometrial biopsy; use of transabdominal ultrasonography, especially in early pregnancy; determination of fetal gender by transrectal ultrasonography; aspiration testicular biopsy using a spring-loaded biopsy instrument; and procedure for surgical embryo transfer.
|Item Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 11.25 x 11.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.43 x 0.55 x 0.55 inches|