Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios
On Sale Now! Save 8% on the Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform at Birzula. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur
Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur (MF/HF/VHF/UHF) two-way radio survival network.
Whether you are a new hobbyist or interested in preparedness issues, this book demystifies the world of amateur and consumer two-way radio communications. Written for newbies, the high-level and tactical concepts presented in this book offer a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.
RADIO NEWBIES: If you've never used two-way radios, when you finish reading this book, you will know where to begin, what to buy, when to buy it, and who needs to use it. When you finish reading this book, you will know the following and much more:
- Radio basics to include, frequencies and desirable features.
- How to select the right radios for the right jobs.
- Protecting radios from damaging electrical events.
- Networking with other communities and municipalities.
- How to establish integrity with your listening audience.
SEASONED EXPERTS: For two-way radio technology professionals, this book offers a way to bridge the gap with technically challenged community leaders. You can establish common ground and help them to begin the vital task of deploying radio technology instead of wasting time and money.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 1 – THE BIG PICTURE
- Preparedness and Two-Way Communications
- Global Tribulation Scenario
- Strategic Planning
PART 2 – RADIO BASICS
- Modes and Modulations
- Frequency Bandplan
- Radio Shopping Basics
- Strategic Budgeting Strategy
PART 3 – LEVEL 1 EMERGENCY SYSTEM RADIOS
- Handheld Transceivers
- Citizens Band (CB) Transceivers
- QRP CW Transceivers
PART 4 – LEVEL 2 FIELD RADIOS AND REPEATERS
- Field Operation Transceivers
- Using Repeaters for Distance
- HF Field Transceivers
PART 5 – LEVEL 3 COMMAND AND CONTROL
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Assessing Needs and Options
- Channelized Two-Way Radios
- Amateur Two-Way Radios
- VHF/UHF Communications
- Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
PART 6 – EMP AND LIGHTNING DEFENSE
- Voltage Spike Threats
- Voltage Spike Mitigation Strategy
- Inline Lightning Defense
PART 7 – BROADCASTING AND TRAINING
- Documentation and Training
- Universal Proficiency
- Knowledge Exchange
- News Gathering and Broadcasting
- Hope for the Future
- Appendix A – Radio Codes
- Appendix B – Titanic Radio Log for April 1912
- Appendix C – IP and JIS Specifications
- Appendix D – About the Authors
- Alphabetical Index
|Manufacturer:||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Publisher:||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Studio:||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Item Size:||0.94 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.59 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.94 x 0.94 inches|