Sir Edwin Lutyens: The Arts & Crafts Houses
Super Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 34% on the Sir Edwin Lutyens: The Arts & Crafts Houses by Images Publishing Dist Ac at Birzula. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Chronicles a suite of 45 great country houses by Sir Edwin Lutyens, one of Britain's most renowned and prolific Arts and Crafts master
- Chronicles a suite of 45 great country houses by Sir Edwin Lutyens, one of Britain's most renowned and prolific Arts and Crafts master architects
- Celebrates Lutyens's originality by capturing how Lutyens ingeniously blended the style of the Arts and Crafts movement with his own inventive interpretation of the Classical language of architecture
- Provides a fresh interpretation of Lutyens's enduring architectural genius through rigorous research, insightful overviews, valuable narrative details, and comprehensive references
- Brings together a rich, full-color showcase of 575 all-new current photographs of the houses, inside and outside, along with a superb selection of drawings and floor plans
- Expertly researched and written by architectural writer and practitioner, David Cole, who also authored IMAGES' successful book The Art and Architecture of C.F.A. Voysey
SIR EDWIN LUTYENS is widely regarded as one of Britain's greatest architects. In a career of over 50 years, spanning the Victorian, Edwardian and modern eras of architecture, Lutyens was prolific. His work ranged from great country houses, city commercial office buildings, his famous World War I memorials across Europe and Britain, and his magnum opus designs for New Delhi built during the 1920s and 1930s. Despite such diversity of building types across his long career, Lutyens's most celebrated works remain his country houses, which first established his reputation during the 1890s. As Lutyens's practice flourished his work became widely promoted in publications such as Country Life magazine, and his houses, particularly those designed in the vernacular manner, would subsequently give rise to an entire genre of the English country house that became known, as it is to this day, as a ‘Lutyens-style' house.
Sir Edwin Lutyens: The Arts and Crafts Houses brings together in new, wide-format, full-color photography a definitive collection of 45 of Lutyens's great Arts and Crafts houses, in which he ingeniously blended the style of the Arts and Crafts movement with his own inventive interpretation of the Classical language of architecture. The book features 575 all-new current photographs of the houses, inside and outside, together with a selection of floor plans of the houses, and a fresh interpretation of Lutyens's enduring architectural genius.
|Manufacturer:||Images Publishing Dist Ac|
|Publisher:||Images Publishing Dist Ac|
|Studio:||Images Publishing Dist Ac|
|Item Weight:||5.42 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.47 x 12.28 x 12.28 inches|
|Package Weight:||8.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.13 x 1.57 x 1.57 inches|