Small Animal Pediatrics: The First 12 Months of Life, 1e
Mega Sale! Save 30% on the Small Animal Pediatrics: The First 12 Months of Life, 1e by Brand: Saunders at Birzula. MPN: 43190-705496. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A practical reference for the general veterinary clinician, Small Animal Pediatrics: The First 12 Months of Life compiles into a single location the
A practical reference for the general veterinary clinician, Small Animal Pediatrics: The First 12 Months of Life compiles into a single location the latest information in the rapidly developing field of canine and feline pediatrics. Editors Michael Peterson, DVM, MS, and Michelle Kutzler, DVM, PhD, DACT are joined by more than 40 expert contributors in providing coverage from prenatal care to one year of age. For ease of use, the text is divided into four sections. A General Considerations section opens the book by covering prenatal care of the bitch and queen, birth, normal physical examinations, growth, husbandry, nutrition, care of orphans, neonatal mortality, behavior, emergency and critical care, and immunology. The second section, Common Infectious Diseases, covers bacterial, viral, fungal, rickettsial, and parasitic infections. The third section describes diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the young patient including radiology, ultrasound, aesthetic and surgical considerations, pain management, pharmacology, and clinical pathology. Finally, the fourth section covers a variety of organ systems with discussions on normal development, congenital conditions, and acquired diseases. The text also includes information that is usually difficult to find, including a pediatric formulary, care of orphan puppies, clinical pathology values, prenatal care, and normal growth and development guidelines. This book will be a significant asset to any veterinary library!
- Offers a practical, clinically oriented resource for the unique diagnostic and treatment challenges posed by pediatric and juvenile animal patients.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of all special problems encountered in pet management from birth through the first 12 months of life.
- Provides clear, step-by-step guidelines for important clinical procedures and techniques for the most vulnerable of small animal patients.
- Covers procedures such as intraosseous catheterization and fluid therapy, venipuncture, and tube feeding.
- Includes guidelines for designing and implementing a successful pediatric wellness program tailored to your own practice.
- Discusses infectious diseases in young animals, zoonotic potential, and human public health concerns.
- Provides key new information on puppy and kitten behavioral development including guidance for prevention and intervention for problem behaviors, the leading cause of pet euthanasia.
- Includes guidelines for kennel and cattery health management as well as shelter medicine health considerations.
- Discusses controversial health and ethical issues in veterinary pediatrics, such as ear cropping, tail docking, declawing, and early spay/neuter surgery (including both pro and con positions).
- Includes the latest recommendations for nutritional care of healthy and "special needs" puppies and kittens as well as the post-parturient and nursing dam.
- Offers an easy-to-use, well-organized format for quick and easy access to the most relevant information.
|Item Weight:||3.45 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 11.25 x 11.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.74 x 1.02 x 1.02 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Saunders, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By This And Everything
ean: 9781593370473, isbn: 1593370474,
The golden retriever is one of the most popular dogs in the country. In fact, according the American Kennel Club, it ranks second only to the labrador retriever in popularity. Known for their easy temperament and boundless enthusiasm, golden retrieve...
ean: 9780412343605, isbn: 0412343606,
Carnivores have always fascinated us, even though they make up only 10% of all mammalian genera and only about 2% of all mammalian biomass. In Greek mythology most of the gods adorned their robes and helmets with depictions of carnivores, and the gre...
By Palgrave Macmillan
mpn: 39, ean: 9781137415530, isbn: 1137415533,
This volume offers both an insight into the current state of research on domestic animals in leisure and a lens through which to begin to chart the future of research in this field. All of the contributions to the collection are underpinned by ongoin...
sku: BOGMONS-6283, ean: 9788420006338, isbn: 8420006335,
By Brand: Cambridge University Press
ean: 9780521891134, isbn: 0521891132,
Since it was originally domesticated in the late Neolithic period, the horse has been used for transport, labor, food and recreational purposes. This book enables the reader to gain insight into the past and present behavior of this fascinating anima...
By Trafalgar Square Books
sku: NEW-COMMON-60833, mpn: 9781570764028, ean: 9781570764028, isbn: 1570764026,
Every year, thousands of horses are retired from the track. By and large, these are healthy, fit horses that remain sound in body and mind and can be retrained to become wonderful dressage horses, hunters, or pleasure mounts. This comprehensive guide...
By Barron's Educational Series
ean: 9780764166150, isbn: 0764166158,
They were worshipped as gods by the ancient Egyptians, and down through the centuries they’ve been admired and kept as pets by cultures all over the world. Enigmatic, aloof, and independent, cats remain to this day the most enthralling of domestic ...
By Brand: TFH Publications
ean: 9780866227193, isbn: 0866227199,
Book by Stratton, Richard...
By Willow Creek Press
mpn: 709786041398, ean: 9781682345382, isbn: 1682345386,
The finest virtues of the Labrador Retriever character are aptly portrayed through a perfect combination of twelve outstanding photos and inspiring quotes. The full color, large format wall calendar features six bonus months of July through December ...
By PBIC, Inc. (Pet Bird Information Council)
ean: 9780967129815, isbn: 0967129818,
Understanding, Preventing, and Solving Aggression and Biting Behaviors in Companion Parrots It is unlikely that anyone who first brings a companion parrot into his or her life has the idea that it will be a temporary situation. Unfortunately many par...